Yesterday was the New Moon in the sign of Cancer.
The window opened on the 6th and remain open until the 12th.
Some sources say that it will remain open through today. I was taught the window is open three days before, the day of, and three days after. The more energetically potent days would be one day before, the day of, and the day after, though.
The New Moon is a time in which to set our intentions for the upcoming lunar month. Yasmin Boland, the author of the book, Moonology, calls this planting “the seeds” for our “future dreams”.
New Moon Activities
What are some activities we can engage in to plant these seeds in fertile soil?
In Moonology, Yasmin Boland outlines the details for her New Moon Ritual.
1) Gratitude – Take a moment to feel gratitude for everything that is already good in your life. In your journal, write down 5-10 things, people, or situations that make you happy or have been blessings to you in the past month.
2) Set the Mood – Play some spiritual music. Light a candle. Cleanse your space by burning sage or palo santo. (You can even use a spray created with water and sage essential oil if smoke aggravates your senses.) Calm and center yourself.
3) 10 Wishes/Intentions – Decide upon 10 “wishes” or intentions, those things you would like to see manifested in your life in the days to come. In Moonology, Yasmin shares tips and strategies on how to set these with the best possible chance of outcome. The best bet? Write down what you desire to feel after your wish/intention has manifested rather than specifics. Also, decide what you can commit to doing in order to bring these wishes/intentions to fruition.
4) Write down (or doodle) your 10 wishes/intentions
5) Read through your wishes/intentions: Visualize (or feel into) each as if it has already manifested in your life.
“… this is the crucial step – visualize each wish as having come true. Use your imagination to really see it. And then try to imagine how you would/will feel if and when the wish comes true. Hold those feelings: they are what make the magic. Imagine the joy you would feel. See it happening in your imagination – really see it. Feel the outcome in your body – feel what it’s like for your wish to come true. Does it feel good?” ~Yasmin Boland, Moonology
6) Affirmations: Write an affirmation that reinforces each wish/intention.
7) Rate your wish/intention: On a scale of 0 to 100, how likely is it to come true?
“So if you give a wish 60/100, it has about a 60 percent chance of manifesting. If you give less than 50 percent to any of your wishes, those are the ones where you need to work extra hard on your beliefs.”
8) How do you intend to make it happen? What actions can you take to move in the direction of its manifestation? While the “how” is none of our business. (That is the business of Spirit/the Divine/God/the Universe/Source.) However, there are things we can do that will move us in the right direction (ie tuning into our intuition on a daily basis).
9) Meditate: This releases our wishes/intentions out into the Universe.
10) Release all attachments to the outcome.
“Do this by saying For the good of all or not at all! and/or chanting Om Namo Narayani (Om Na-moe Na-RY-annee) three times. Or just say This or something better now manifests for me, under grace in perfect ways. Say it with a happy and confident flourish – feel as though it’s happening, happening, or at the very least strongly anticipate it – hurrah!”
11) Get on with your life! Know that everything (ie Spirit) is working behind the scenes to bring about your wishes and desires. Do everything you can (without forcing) to bring them to fruition. LISTEN for guidance and move in the direction Spirit leads you.
12) Review your wishes/intentions. Then, at the next New Moon, review your wishes/intentions from the previous month. See what has come to fruition or at the very least is growing and what needs to be released.
Simplicity of Action
Looking for something a little more “simple” in nature?
I have a wonderful friend that I also, sometimes, go to for life/intuition/business coaching.
She has recently withdrawn from social media platforms but is still active through her website/newsletters and on YouTube.
In a recent newsletter to her community, she shared her New Moon Alignment Kit, which I sat down with during my quiet/recharge time last night.
Part of the kit was a New Moon Clarity Spread…
Draw 3 cards.
Each card answers the following questions:
1) What do I need to release?
2) What idea is emerging from within?
3) How can I grow it into reality?
In addition, she shared some journaling prompts:
– What do I really want to harvest in my life and business the rest of this year?
– How do I want to grow, personally, in the weeks and months ahead?
– What growth do I want to see in my life and business?
– How will my life and business look once these intentions have ripened?
What I like about this process is it really guides you to listening to your intuition to see what your Spirit wants to bring through you.
Side note: Latrelle is sending out some really good stuff to her community right now. If you’re not on her email list, I highly recommend signing up for it! You can do that by joining her Energy Clearings & Healing Activations course for FREE.
If you try one or all of these New Moon activities for yourself, I would love for you to share how they work for you!
Until our paths cross again, dear friend, take care and may all your dreams, wishes, and intentions manifest and bless your life.